Tuesday, June 16, 2009

One, Two, .... THREE Bears today!!!

Ryan took today off work and we spent the day at Wawayanda State Park with Ryan's parents and our friends, Karl and Jennifer. We let the boys play on the playground there and then began our hike around the lake. We probably got 1/4 of the way around and we came across 2 bears! One off to the right side of us and one walking towards us on the trail itself. It was almost the same spot that Ryan and his parents spotted the bear last time, only this time there were TWO! My adrenalin began to rush as I saw the bears only a few feet in front of us! How cool to finally see one. I've heard so many people talk about all the bears in New Jersey and now I finally got to see one! But I was also nervous as I was holding Carson and his friend, Isaac's hands. Needless to say, I turned right around and headed the other way with the boys. Ryan and his dad snapped a couple pictures. The bears didn't seem to be bothered by our company however, they are wild and I did not want to find out what would happen if we had gotten any closer! We headed back to the picnic table area and had BBQ hotdogs and hamburgers. Then wrapped up the day on the beach playing in the sand. Being a weekday, we practically had the park to ourselves. It was a great day and we are so glad we got to spend some time with Jennifer and Karl.

So why 3 bears? Believe it or not, on our way home (in Vernon, NJ) we saw a bear run across the road! Close enough to see it, but not too close to impact Ryan's driving. I recall Ryan's dad say, "Three Bears! It's our lucky day!" haha



Bear #1


Bear #2


So true!!!


No comments: