Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years in Indiana

What a fun time we had in Indiana as well! Carson was so excited to see his grandma, grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins!!! The day after we arrived in Indiana, we went to a Hiatt get-together at my grandma's house (Carson's great-grandma). We had a great time visiting with relatives that we hadn't seen for a long time. That same evening, we celebrated Christmas with my side of the family. It was a white, snowy day so Uncle Mike took Carson sledding for the first time! He loved it!!!









We also got to visit with our old neighbors The Herringtons and The Marshalls (who were in town from St. Louis). It was great reminiscing with them and watching the kiddos play with each other. Anson had to work that day so we made a trip to the fire station to see him. He gave us a personal tour of the fire station where Carson got to sit on a firetruck and Ryan got his vitals checked!









The following day we had an appointment at the Castleton 3D 4D Ultrasound center. We were determined to find out if #2 was a girl or boy! To our surprise IT IS A GIRL!!!! Ryan and I were overjoyed with the thought of having one of each and the moment was even more special because my mom and sister were there to witness it with us. Afterwards, we went to Red Robin to celebrate and to meet up with Jeff and Kelli who were in town from Arizona. It was great being able to meet up and catch up with them.

On New Year's Eve my parents were so kind to watch Carson overnight so Ryan and I could go to Indy to bring in the New Year with more of our friends. The morning after, I even got to have lunch with some of my beloved MOMS Club girls. =)

On our last night before heading back to New Jersey my sister and my brother's families joined us at Mom and Dad's house for an evening of pizza and games. It was such a great way to end an amazing trip back home. I just love seeing how excited Carson is to watch his grandpa run his model train set in the basement and how happy he is when he gets to play with Johnna and Tori. Makes me wish we didn't live so far away. We are already looking forward to the next trip! =)

No comments: